photo by Romulo Yanes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
Cook beans in a 6-quart pot of boiling well-salted water, uncovered, until just tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Drain in a colander, then plunge into an ice bath to stop cooking. Drain beans and pat dry.
While beans cook, mince and mash garlic to a paste with a pinch of salt, then stir together with soy sauce, ginger, vinegar, and oils in a large bowl.
Add beans and toss. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.